“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
Support Bethany through making a donation
Bethany is an independent, not-for-profit charity. We could not function well without the varied support of our friends.
We have no interest in making money at Bethany other than to see this ministry thrive. We advise guests in general terms about how much it costs us to care for them, but then visitors can make a donation in the amount they wish to give. We hope that guests who are able to give more would consider giving above the suggested amount. Heres is a chart of a suggested donation amount per person based upon our basic operational costs (which includes breakfast & dinner) :
Personal Retreat Operational Costs:
- 1 Adult per room = HKD450 single night retreat | HKD400/night
- 1 Added Adult per room = HKD250 single night retreat | HKD220/night
- 1 Added Child per room (ages 3-11) = HKD150 single night retreat | HKD140/night
- 1 Added Room (includes 1 person) =HKD450 single night retreat | HKD 400/night
Exclusive Guest House Operational Costs:
- Bethany Cottage (up to 5 people) = HKD2200 single night retreat | HKD2000/night
- Bethany House (up to 15 people) = HKD4500 single night retreat | HKD4000/night
- Bethany Lodge (up to 22 people) = HKD7500 single night retreat | HKD7000/night
Other Operational Costs:
- Day Retreat = HKD100/person
- Added Lunch = HKD60/person
- Added Dinner = HKD80/person
Any further donations will go toward capital projects and strategic ministry development plans. We also send out updates on specific needs that arise in our newsletters. In an effort to keep operational costs low, the resident leadership team who who are called to serve and operate the ministry work as unpaid volunteers.
There are several methods for donating financially to Bethany, shown below. We are grateful for all types of donation but Hong Kong Dollars is easiest for us.
However you choose to donate to us, it would be most helpful to Bethany if you could please email to firstname.lastname@example.org advising of your donation and how you would like it allocated (eg. General funds, guest donations, or a specific project/ item of equipment), so that we can honour your donation, and also if you would like a receipt emailed or posted to you.
For donations from Hong Kong
The simplest way is by either an ATM transfer or online/internet banking transfer to Bethany’s HSBC bank account number 600-055776-001.
It would be great if you could also email a copy of the ATM/online transfer record to email@example.com for our records.
If you would like to donate via cheque/check, then please make this out to Bethany Ministries Ltd and send to us at 12 The Peak, Fa Peng Rd, Cheung Chau, HK.
For donations from overseas
There are 3 options for donating to Bethany from overseas;
- A Bank transfer to our HSBC Bank account in HK. For this you will need to quote the SWIFT code HSBCHKHHHKH and our account number 600-055776-001. Note that our account name is Bethany Ministries Ltd, with the HSBC Hong Kong at address 1 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong.
- Via MasterCard or VISA. If you can fill in this Bethany Credit Card Donation Form and return to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to us (+852) 2981 5047. We will then process your donation manually and it takes approx 7-10 working-days for the donation to go through our Credit Card Merchant. A receipt copy of the donation can be emailed back to you.
- If you are a registered UK tax-payer then you may like to consider donating to support Bethany using the tax-efficient giving via Stewardship UK. Visit their website link www.stewardship.org.uk/giving/givers to register and make a donation. Search or select ‘Bethany Ministries Ltd’, our account number with Stewardship is 20040894. We receive transfers of donations from Stewardship UK on a quarterly basis, funds converted from GBP to HKD and transferred to our HK bank account. Once received and converted, we can then issue you a receipt if required, please email email@example.com if you would like a receipt. Stewardship can also be contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone (+44) 0 208 502 8560, or postal address PO Box 99, Loughton, Essex IG10 3QJ, UK.
For cash or cheque donations, you may:
Place your donation in one of our donation envelopes found at Reception, your guest room, or sitting area to submit to Reception or our nearest donation box.
We can issue a receipt for any donation made over HK$100, please advise us the name to make the receipt out to, along with either an email address.
Thank you for supporting Bethany!